Saturday, August 06, 2011

Too much to tell

There's a lot of little things that I want to blog about that probably deserve their own singular blogs, but I guess I'll just put them all in this one.

Moving Again:
We have moved from Allison's July house to her August house, but the morning we were supposed to be moving in permanently, they pulled a Home Alone on me. I was up on the third floor talking on the phone with one of my online friends because there's only certain areas in the house that have good phone reception. They didn't think I was home. They didn't see me in my room and assumed that I went to my friend Debra's house in the morning like I've done once before. They took my remaining clothes from my room, they took the shoes I left by the front door, they cleaned the house and left. This was at a time where dad hadn't paid the phone bill yet and I couldn't call or send texts from my phone. I could still receive calls and texts though. Anyway, I had to use the house phone to call Allie and tell her I was still in the house. I would've walked to the other house, but they took my shoes, and it had rained the previous night. Our new house is really nice, but it was pretty barren when we got there. I still don't have a bed. Another annoying thing is there's 2 annoying bleating goats that one of our neighbors own. I didn't know I'd have the closest room to them when I picked which room would be mine.

Who I'm Talking to:
I'm talking to Grace again every now and then. She's still trying to fix up her life, but she's done a lot of work on that, otherwise I wouldn't be friends with her again. My problem with her before was she never listened to the advise I gave her. She's still got at least one friend who's a little shit, but apparently he's "better now" so I'll deal with it. I'm talking with Kristy again too. I'm sure that many of you would shake your heads at hearing this, but as I've told you in a previous blog, she is my weakness. I will never completely move on from her. I'm not trying to be with her anymore for obvious reasons, but if she divorced Caleb and told me she wanted to be with me and would wait for me, I would wait for her too. But for now, I'm moving on with my life. If I find someone else who makes me happy, I won't hesitate to be with that woman.

There's a woman I'm interested in named Katelyn Conroy. She and I met on the website Gaia Online about 3 years ago around the time I first started spending more time on the computer than on my Playstation 2. She and I talk on the phone almost everyday. She's the one I was talking to during the Home Alone incident. We refer to each other by our usernames, so she calls me Sol and I call her Sin. My username is Solvaris the Shadow and hers is sinfulchaoticdesires. She and I have a lot in common like our love for games or our love for Harry Potter, and a lot more. She has an East Indian descent, so she has a bit of an accent; saying draygon rather than dragon. She's 21, and she lives in Minnesota. She says she HAS to come see me in Alaska. She loves the cold, she wants to meet me, my family, my friends, and one other person who lives here that she knows. I'm not sure when she plans to visit, but maybe I can convince her to come back and date me and get an apartment of our own. (Allison and Steve seem a little paranoid about when I'll move out, but I've assured them I don't plan on staying here for the rest of my life)

Work:
Work has been going just fine, but the hours are starting to get to me. Its messing with my innards. I'm not hungry until I'm starving. I'm not tired until I'm sleep deprived. There have been a lot of days where I've been late to work, but I stay the time I missed so I still put in my 8 hours. I haven't gotten in trouble for it or anything yet, so I guess its okay to do that. It was about a 25 min walk from the July house to work, and its about the same amount of time from the August house. I'm mostly getting rides from Allison and Steve now, but I still walk home. I've taken some more pictures of sunrises as I've walked home, so I'll have to post another blog with those pictures later. I'll try to get some pictures of my friends too.

Friends:
Steve caught me kissing my friend Debra in the July house one night. Allison thought it was ironic that I wrote a blog saying that she's just my friend and later I was caught kissing her, but she and I aren't going to start a relationship. We've talked about it, but we've agreed not to for reasons that will remain between Debra and I. She and I still hang out maybe 3 or 4 days a week. (The cause of many late fees at Blockbuster) My friend Cassie and I try to hang out every Thursday, but she's been busy with her family and moving into a new house with her boyfriend. I might just have to hang out with her on her lunch breaks or something until she's settled. I still haven't made any other friends on the island, but I haven't exactly been trying. Hanging out with Debra so often keeps me pretty occupied.




5 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Chelsee said...

The August house looks beautiful! I think your home alone story is pretty funny. You must have been on the phone for a LONG time for them to pack all of your stuff, and clean everything, and then leave, all without knowing you were home!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Allie said...

The sound those goats make is sometimes seriously too much for words to describe. It's like horrifying and hilarious both at the same time. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger gamefreak said...

We had cleaned up most of the house before we left the next day, so we were prepared to leave shortly. It was maybe a two hour conversation. Allie just likes to take pleasure in the little things that drive me nuts. :P

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Kjersti said...

I'm glad that you guys are finally in the August house! It feels like it's been a long time coming! The Home Alone moment is an excellent story! :)

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Danae said...

Geoff, Geoff, Geoff. Hahaha. It sounds like you're doing really well up in Alaska and I'm SO glad! It's ok to kiss your friends, just so long as you both realize where it might lead. :) I'm glad you have some friends, but I worry about you staying up too late or not getting enough sleep so you can be to work. I can't help worrying about my baby brother. I'd really love to come and visit you somtime in your new beautiful house, and I love your Home Alone story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home