Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Busy

Lately, even though I've had a lot of free time to myself, I've felt like I'm just really busy. I work, I sleep, and then I have time to do whatever I want. Mostly, I've been hanging out with my friend Debra. This means I'm rarely home. I don't get to see Allison, Steve, Wesley, or Mom as much as I'd like. I could tell Debra that I want to spend the day with my family if I wanted to, which I've done a couple times, but I just want to do both. I want to split myself in two.

This is part of the reason I haven't blogged for so long. I've just felt so busy. When I have free time to myself, I want to please my friend or just relax and catch up on my gaming. Blogging is one of the last things I think of doing during my spare time.

In the end, I feel as if I AM split in two. I spend most of my time at work thinking about my life while I'm working. (since the work I do requires almost no thought at all) I spend my time with Debra, part of me wanting to be home playing games by myself or spending time with my family. And then on my nights off when I have to stay awake during the night to keep from screwing up my sleep schedule, I feel like I want to have someone to share my time with.

While writing this, I realize that I could hang out with family and have Debra there at the same time, but I feel like those are two different areas of my life. If Debra's there while I'm with my family, I feel as if a wall has been breached and I feel awkward or uncomfortable. Its been this way ever since I could remember. Bringing friends over to meet my family hasn't felt right for some reason. I feel as though each encounter needs to be private and kept in its own place. Like...I'm scared of what would happen when these two worlds collide.

Anyway, I've put so much focus on my friends and family and the direction my life is taking that I've been neglecting myself. I haven't been eating when I need to, and I haven't been sleeping as much as I should. Its like there's just so much going on that I ignore my own needs just so I don't miss anything important. I'll try to slow things down and put things back into balance.

P.S. Speaking of life direction. I guess I should mention I'll be taking a theater class at the college this week. I'm not sure why I agreed to do it. Debra wanted me to take the class with her, and she's going to be moving away in about 5 or 6 months, so I guess I agreed as a favor to her, but I don't think I'm going to enjoy this class very much. Of course, I think I'm just holding the same pessimistic view I hold for every other....educational thing. I'm so very different from my family. I don't want to learn anymore!

4 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Chelsee said...

I think it is great you signed up for a class, Bud! I think that could be fun and will help you make some more friends! I think it is all about finding balance so that you enjoy everything that you are doing. If you are with Debra, but wishing you are sleeping, maybe you should take a day for yourself instead of hanging out with her every second. Or vis versa. I think you are great! Miss you tons!!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Kae Loy said...

There is always enough to fill every minute of your life. I never feel like I have enough time to do everything that I want to do or to learn all that I want to learn. Sometimes it is good to prioritize or find a balance, and other times it is good to just follow your instincts, "which are good and nearly always right," as Lupin would say! Never forget that it is you making the choice. Choice is a good thing.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Danae said...

Hey Bud! I was happy to see that you blogged again! I think it's great you're taking a class. Has it turned out better than you expected? I can relate to how you feel about keeping family and friends separate. I've kinda always felt that way, too. I hope you can find some time to take better care of yourself! :) Love you!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger gamefreak said...

The class gives a lot more homework than I would have expected. Lots of reading, plus a blog and a quiz every week. Obviously having just this one class, its not difficult to find the time to get the work done, but its a little difficult for Debra to find the time. I said that I would do this together with her, but she has high school classes, college classes, and a part time job at Safeway. She's had almost no time to do the homework with me. I thought it would be a good idea to share the class book with her because it cost about $67 last time I checked, but we're starting to just do the work separately, and that's not what I wanted at all. She is my main reason for taking the class. I'm doing it for her more than myself. But she and I have had some fun in class, and we've made time to do some of the homework together, so its alright for now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home