Friday, March 30, 2012

One Year

Its been about a year and a month since I moved here from Utah. Its been great being able to live with Wesley, Allison, Steve, and Mom. I still only have one good friend; Debra. She's going to be moving in a couple of months, so I'm not really sure what I'll do when she leaves. I'm taking an Introduction to Theatre class with her, and I have like a B in that class, but I'm only really taking it to please Debra. She wanted me to join one of her classes, and I chose to do this one because I thought it would be less work, but I was wrong.

I'm still working as a Night Stocker at Safeway. The pay isn't all that great, but a paycheck is a paycheck. I've always had enough money to pay the rent. Lately my money has been staying about even in my account. I've been spending a lot of money just going and doing stuff with Debra like having lunch and going to see movies with her. Its nice to be able to do whatever I want like that, but I want to start saving up for a laptop now.

I have a new phone now, thanks to Dad. I've been putting it to good use again. Everyone's been saying that I've been texting non-stop since I got it. I was without my phone for a month and a half, so I needed to catch up with all my online friends. I missed having a fully functioning phone. It may have been the biggest contributer to taking me out of my recent depression.

A recent development was that I called Kristy again. I haven't talked to her in months, and I wanted to see if I was really over her. Turns out I am. Talking to her again just makes me realize how big of a mistake it would have been to date her. Its relieving to know I didn't miss out on anything. She's still just as dramatic and immature as ever. She thinks she's all grown up, but I can tell she isn't. It makes me wonder if I'll ever find the kind of woman I want.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Danae said...

Yes, of course you will find the right woman for you! It does take time, so be patient. :) Utah is a little different from other states because we are so predominantly mormon here and we tend to get married younger, but I promise you, there is time to find that special girl! :) I'm glad you have your phone and you're feeling better about the world.

Love you, Bud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home